STUDENT ENRICHMENT PROGRAMMES
Annual Science and Maths Exhibition
Annual Science and Maths Exhibition cum Competition was organized in the school on 11 August 2018. The theme was ‘Applied Science and Maths in Day to Day Life’. Conservation Club, Integrity Club and Health Club Exhibits were also displayed. The young scientist of Lok Puram Public School made wonderful and innovative projects and models on different themes. The Exhibition was adjudged by eminent Parent Judges: Mr.Sanjay Aher, Mrs.Geetanjali Kale, Mr.Raghvendra Fadnavis, Mr. Mandar Vasudeo Athalekar.
Annual Science and Maths Exhibition
Interactive Session by the Toppers of the School
The school conducts Interactive Session every year with the Toppers of the AISSE to benefit the students presently studying in Std X and give some worthy inputs & tips to prepare for the Board Examination.This year, it was conducted on 30th June 2018. The scholars Pooja Mahajan, Ishita Gupta, Gunjan Pandey and Tanvi Khare emphasized on time management and said that there is no substitute for hard work and studies should be balanced with other co-curricular activities.
WORKSHOPS FOR STUDENTS
- A Workshop on ‘Ban Plastic & Resource Conservation’ was conducted on 1st September 2018 by Tata Power Energi Club for students of Std VI to VIII Mrs. Grishma Thakkar was the Resource Person. Students learnt about ill effects of plastics and importance of saving electricity. They got inputs about various alternative to plastics.
- A workshop on ‘Study Habits & Memory Skills’ for NIE subsribers of Std VI to X was conducted on 11th September 2018. The Resource Person for the same was Dr. Deepa Kishor Bhanushali – Retired BMC Superintendent. She emphasized that good study habits and memory skills can be developed through Time Management, Self-Discipline, Concentration, Memorization, Organization and Desire to Succeed.
- Interact Club conducted an Aptitude test for the students of Std X on 14th October 2018 to keep them updated with their general awareness of the events in and around them & their skills in subject specific areas. One to One Counselling Session with respective parent and student was conducted on 5th January 2019.
- A Talk Show on ‘Bullying and Its Ill Effects’ was conducted for students of Std VIII and IX on 12th December 2018. The Resource Person was Dr. Swaroop Bhatankar. Bullying is a problem that affects millions of students and needs to be dealt with. Children were given topics of bullying and they did a role play on it. The Resource Person suggested various Bullying Survival Tips. Students were able to understand ill effects of bullying well.
- Raising Day is observed every year from 2nd January to 8th January to celebrate Police Foundation Day in Maharashtra. The day highlights the crucial role played by the police. A workshop on the occasion was conducted in school for students of Std VI & VII by Police Inspectors – Mr. Sunil Ghuge and Mr. Praveen Thakkar from Chitalsar Police Station. Students were briefed about the measures taken by the police to ensure safety of citizens. It was said that citizens should feel free to approach the police in case of any emergency situation.
- A workshop on ‘Urban Biodiversity Conservation’ was conducted by the Tata Power Energy Club for the students of std VIII on 23rd January 2019. The Resource Persons were Ms. Pratiksha Naik, Dr. Dutta Prasad Sawant and Mr. Sarvesh Abhayankar. Students were explained the topography and climate of Thane and Mumbai, varied species of flora and fauna and how biodiversity supports life in a particular region through interesting videos. Further, the students were shown a comparative study that biodiversity loss has always existed as a natural process but threats to biodiversity arise when the rate of extinction exceeds the rate of generation. The resource persons urged the students to be more sensitive towards their immediate surroundings and to nurture nature for conservation of bio diversity.
- A workshop on ‘Health and Hygiene’ was conducted on 24.01.19 for Girls of std VII and VIII by Dr. Soniya Hire from Procter and Gamble Ltd. The workshop was organised to create awareness amongst girls towards personal care and hygiene. They were explained about the menstrual cycle and the ways to handle it better. There was also an activity ‘Writing a letter to Mom’, wherein students addressed their problems related to health and personal grooming to their mothers. The session made the girls understand their body and problems related to it, if they ignore hygiene. They learnt to become more confident and open about addressing an issue of personal hygiene to their guardians.
Relaxation Techniques for Std X Students
- In a bid to de – stress students of Std X appearing for Board Examination 2019 the school aims to provide useful information to the students to face the upcoming board examination. In pursuance of this the School Counsellor took motivational sessions for students suggesting strategies for time management and focus in studies. Class teachers also regularly guided the students to maintain a proper study time table and give due weightage to all the subjects. Time to time they disseminated various guidelines from CBSE pertaining to the Board Examination to the students and parents. The School also telecasted Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi’s interactive session with a cross – section of students , teachers and parents on 30th January 2019, for the students of Std VI to X in their respective classrooms.